Once the children reach 3, they start going into the water without mum or dad. The children are taught in small groups led by a teacher who goes into the pool with them, and they are supported by a qualified Teaching Assistant who is on the pool side.
In this safe and secure environment, and with the support of our highly qualified staff, the children quickly gain confidence, learning vital water safety skills and working towards ASA Duckling Awards 1- 5. Lessons last for 30 minutes and parents or carers can watch from our viewing area.
The aim in all our classes is to encourage a love of swimming that will hopefully stay with them for life.
- Children remain in the Tadpole group until they start full time school.
- All children must be toilet trained.
- Each session is 30 minutes.
- Swimmers work towards ASA Duckling Awards 1- 5
- Awards are tested throughout the second half of term
- Badges are available at the last lesson of term.