As your bump begins to grow and your body changes shape, there can be little more relaxing than to take the weight off your feet, immerse yourself into a warm pool, and gently exercise to soothing music. For many, the Aquanatal classes at Polam School are a wonderful way to relax and de-stress but they also provide an opportunity to meet like-minded new friends in a safe and supportive environment.
It is widely acknowledged that exercise in general helps to promote a real sense of wellbeing and release happy endorphins, reduce feelings of anxiety and depression and improve sleep – all of which are of course, hugely beneficial during pregnancy. But Aquanatal can also help to ease lower back pain, reduce varicose veins and swelling of ankles. One of the key advantages of exercising in water is that there is very little risk of overloading, straining or jarring joints and the water allows for ease of movement. Perhaps most importantly of all, with a midwife leading the class, you can be absolutely sure that everything you are doing will be safe for you and your baby.
- Run by highly qualified and experienced midwives and swimming teachers.
- 1 hour sessions with gentle exercise set to relaxing music.
- Ladies wishing to join Ante Natal sessions should be a minimum of 12 weeks pregnant.
- Ladies wishing to join the Post Natal class should be a minimum of 6 weeks post natal and have the consent of their GP/Midwife.
- 2 courses per term (approx 5/6 sessions).
- Option to pay weekly if due date is during the course.
- Maximum of 12 ladies in the group.